Fit By 40

The countdown begins! My log on reaching obtainable goals by February 16, 2009. My teens were pure torture. My 20's were full of stress, physical losses, and pain. My 30's were the beginning of my real self starting to emerge and as they wind down I plan to embrace my 40's -- the happiest, healthiest, fittest, and spiritually sound decade yet.

Friday, December 12, 2008

When I read the news today that Jennifer Aniston is posing nude on the cover of GQ magazine I couldn’t help but think this blog is just a bit overdue for an update. The news isn’t saying, but Jennifer and I share a birthday and birth year, meaning …. JA turns 40 in February 09 too! After thinking more, I nodded my head in understanding then thought, you go Jenn, you are more beautiful than most 20 year olds, I’d do it too, if asked. It’s funny, when I decided to blog about turning 40, or rather how I want to spend my the final year of my 30’s, I searched and found 2 other similar ‘turning 40’ blogs. Both were abandoned only a month after the first post. It’s easy to just fade into the background as we get older, often preferable. But I was recently jolted awake when realized only two months to go to the big 4 0 and this blog is not capturing all I intended it to. So here we go.

Starting with my list of goals I’m happy to report have met a few! The biggie being I bought a house. I love my house, even if the value plummeted 40k two months after I bought due to the economy! I paid off my credit cards!! Then managed to charge a few up again! I’ve not quit sweet coffee and no intentions too, let’s just scratch it off the list. I’m continually trying to update my wardrobe, hence, the charged up credit cards. I still don’t brown bag, or walk on treadmill as often as I should, or fit into size 10 jeans. I did start reading the Bible and a wonderful book ‘Purpose Driven Life”. I don’t enjoy waxing eloquent on my beliefs or bore others with them but let’s just say I find it calming to read the Bible and other books that explore Christianity.

I read Olivia’s fabulous blog, my twenty-something crew friend, and Rebecca’s, my thirty-something crew friend, often and they inspire me to get moving. So that is the goal I’ll be focusing on the next two months and after. While I’ll never run a marathon, or even run for that matter, I can walk, I can stretch, I can increase strength and endurance even if minimally (thank you NF2!) so that’s what I’m going to do. Right after this Vanilla Latte.

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2008 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Olivia Hernandez said...

Girl everyone deserves a vanilla latte sometimes! I had french toast for breakfast drowned in butter and syrup and it was SO good! I run so I can eat/drink what I want! Keep up on your blog, I'm sure you have much more to share!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home